About UGC Net
University Grants Commission (UGC) is a statutory organization, which was established by the Union government in 1956. Its main objective is to provide recognition to the Indian universities and provide funds to such recognized universities and colleges.
UGC NET Dec 2018 Eligibility Criteria
Before applying for NET 2019 students should be familiar with the eligibility criteria. It is mandatory that students should follow the eligibility criteria if fails then their candidature will get cancelled at any stage of the admission process. Check the eligibility criteria mentioned by NTA for UGC NET Dec 2018.
- The candidate must secure at least 55% marks (without rounding off) in Masters Degree or equivalent exam from the UGC recognised Universities / Institutes.
- 50 % marks (without rounding off) for OBC belonging to non-creamy layer / SC / ST / PwD candidate.
- Students pursuing Master Degree or those who have appeared for the final exam in qualifying master Degree or waiting for the result can apply for the exam. These students will be admitted provisionally and they will be eligible for JRF / eligibility for Assistant Professor only after qualifying the Master’s Degree r equivalent exam with 50 % marks for OBC (Non-Creamy layer / SC/ ST/ PwD) and 55% for general candidates. They must complete the master degree within the 2 years of declaration of UGC NET 2018 result.
- The transgender candidate is eligible for relaxation in age, fee and qualifying criteria is similar to SC / ST / PwD categories.
- The PhD candidate whose Master level exam was completed by 19th September 1991 will be eligible for a relaxation of 5% in aggregate marks.
- Candidate should appear for the NET exam for the subject they have completed their graduation. If the subject is not available in the list then select the paper similar to it.
UGC NET Dec 2018 Application Form
NTA will release the application form for NET 2019 on the official website. Before filling the application form candidate must check the eligibility criteria. The application form will be available in online mode. Students have to fill UGC NET Dec 2018 application form within the prescribed time. The online submission of application will commence from September 01, 2018. The documents to be attached with the application form should be in the prescribed format and size.
The fee for the application is Rs.250/- for SC / ST / PwD / Transgender. The candidate belonging to OBC (Non-Creamy Layer) has to pay Rs.500 and Rs.1000/- is for other categories. Read UGC NET Dec 2018 Application Form article for complete information on documents to upload while filling the application form and the steps to fill NET 2019 application form and application form fee.
UGC NET Dec 2018 Admit Card
National Testing Agency has not declared the date for NET 2019 Admit Card. It may release the Admit Card few days before the exam. The Admit Card will be issued to those candidates who have submitted their application form with the complete valid information. NTA will not send UGC NET Dec 2018 Admit Card to any candidate personally via any mode. The students have to download the Admit Card within the prescribed date from the official website of NTA.
UGC NET Dec 2018 Answer Key
NTA will release the answer key after few days of the commencement of exam. The answer key will release on the official website of NTA. Students can use UGC NET Dec 2018 Answer Key to verify the answer attempted by them during the exam and even find the rough marks obtained for the attempted question. To check the answer key students should be aware with the marking scheme of UGC NET Dec 2018. And if the students find the that the answers in the NET 2019 Answer Key are wrong then they can raise the objection against the same. For more details check UGC NET Dec 2018 Answer Key page.
UGC NET Dec 2018 Result
NTA will release the result for UGC NET Dec 2018 on the official website. As per the official notification, the result will release in last week of January 2019. To check the result the students have to provide their enrollment number and date of birth (if required). Students can check the marks obtained in each paper along with the total marks and percentage. The qualifying students have to appear for the counselling along with the necessary documents. Check UGC NET 2019 Result for more detailed information.